Susquehanna Valley Construction Corporation is a Heavy/Highway Road Construction company. Rate of pay varies from project to project, but is determined by the prevailing wage rate listed in the specific job contract.
An operator is responsible for operating heavy machinery in a safe and productive manner. An operator is a person who can operate hydraulic and fixed boom cranes, excavators, backhoes, loaders, rollers and any other piece of heavy equipment with the exception of the concrete pump. This is a safety sensitive position.
- Must work quickly, productively and safely without error and consistently meet the production goals as set by the Foreman, Superintendent or Project Manager.
- Must consistently produce quality workmanship as judged by Company standards as well as those set forth by PennDOT/PA Turnpike inspection.
- Must have reliable transportation and show up to work on time every day.
- Must possess a current valid PA driver’s license in order to operate any company vehicles.
- Must be willing to travel to any and all job sites without exception (including staying away from home if necessary)
- Must comply with all company safety and personnel policies.
- Must be able to occasionally lift and carry 100 lbs.
- Must be able to climb, bend, stoop, kneel, lift overhead, work at heights, walk/work in rough terrain in order to access equipment, tools, materials, and jobsite in order to complete work.
- Must be able to work the hours necessary in order to achieve the goals of the company.
JOB SPECIFIC SKILLS
- Must demonstrate an ability and willingness to learn all aspects of bridge construction.
- Be proficient at operating cranes, excavators, backhoe/loaders, rollers, or any other major piece of equipment.
- Be proficient in the knowledge and ability to correctly assemble or connect attachments to equipment.
- Be proficient at maintaining the equipment (inspect, grease, and perform general maintenance).
- Be proficient at making minor repairs to the equipment and understand the mechanical operation of the equipment.
- Be proficient in the reading of and understand load charts.
- Be able to acquire and maintain CCO certification for cranes, a PA crane license, and a physical (DOT or equivalent).
- Be proficient in understanding the capabilities and operation of the equipment in a safe manner.
- Be willing and able to perform other non-operating job tasks as directed by the Foreman, Superintendent or Project Manager.
- Be proficient in the knowledge of all hand signals from the crew.
- Must consistently operate the equipment in a safe and productive manner as judged by the Foreman, Superintendent or Project Manager.
- Monday thru Friday (typical)
- Eight(8) to ten(10) hours per day (typical), plus overtime (if necessary).
- Saturday and Sundays if necessary.
- Night shift if necessary.
- Work schedule is always prone to change due to weather, job restrictions, unforeseen delays, etc…
THE WORK ENVIRONMENT
Job sites are typically located in Pennsylvania. Job sites, because they are not shielded from the weather, can include excessive heat, cold, wind, rain and other weather related aspects. At times, work will be conducted on uneven terrain, at heights and near/over water.
Operators will get direction and must follow instructions given by the Carpenter Foreman, Superintendent, Project Manager, Safety Director, Vice President and President. Operators will be expected to cooperate and work productively with laborers, carpenters, truck drivers, mechanics and all other trades. Operators will be expected to guide and instruct laborers when necessary.
Susquehanna Valley Construction Corporation complies with government regulations and affirmative action responsibilities. Applicants are considered for all positions without regard to race, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital or veteran status, medical condition or disability. Women & minorities are encouraged to apply. Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE).